Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Home made transfer images here!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hey Guys,
    Here is a few samples from a home made video transfer.
    I'm only use a condenser lens put between the projector and video camera lenses.
    To transfer negative color film,you must make the video camera white balance: put in front the projetor lenses a little piece of unexposed photographic color negative film (this piece have the same orange base like Super 8 color neg. film)
    The invert proccesing is done via software (Adobe Premiere) I use Adobe Premiere 5.1 to make positive the images an correct the left to right invertion.(Just select the correct filters).
    There is images from EXR 200 T, Kodachrome, B&W negative film:
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t
    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t


    Carlos.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I was very impressed with this one....I haven't looked at them all...the 200 looks good too.


    http://ar.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ka...iew=t&.hires=t

    -Alex

  3. #3
    Inactive Member souper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Carlos,
    These images are great. I also am very impressed with the K40 image. Thanks for sharing.

    souper8

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Oops!
    Forgot to say my Cine camera is a Chinon 60 SMR XL Sound Pacific with a 220 degrees shutter.
    The EXR 200T and Kodachrome images was shot at 18 fps (1/30 sec.).

    The B&W images was shot at 24 fps (1/40 sec.).

    Carlos.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great transfers!...anybody know where you can buy the super-8 B&W negative film..carlos8 used?...in the U.S.A...and who does processing.
    Thanks
    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Neil,

    I use Super 8 B&W negative film purchased to Kahl film from Germany. They sell Regular 8/Super 8/16 mm film cut from german 35 mm film stock. (I don?t konw if Agfa, Orwo, or others). They sells Super 8 film in 200 ft. cans to load in 50 ft.reloadable cartridges (the same russian reloadable cartridges). Kahl can develop these films too, but I personally develop my own films, because negative film developng is much more easy than reversal developing. Kahl B&W ISO 400 negative film is less grainy than Tri-X reversal film with more exposure range, but a little bit less sharper, I think.
    Kahl ISO 100 has a really micro-grain structure, less grainy than Kodak Plus-X, with more exposure range and the sharpness is similar.

    Their web page is: www.kahlfilm.de

    Carlos.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks,
    That's what impressed me, the 100 speed you posted..thanks again for the link.
    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS

  8. #8
    Inactive Member HH3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2001
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was not that impressed with the K40, although it has finer grain, the blacks didn't look that good and overall contrast looks poor.

    I thought the EXR 200T looked great in terms of contrast and blacks. I would like to see the Vision 200T and I think that would blow away everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •